Having fun means flying safely! Hobby or recreational flying doesn't require FAA approval but you must follow safety guidelines. Any other use requires FAA authorization.
AVOID DOING ANYTHING HAZARDOUS TO OTHER AIRPLANES OR PEOPLE AND PROPERTY ON THE GROUND
- DO fly a model aircraft/UAS at the local model aircraft club
- DO take lessons and learn to fly safely
- DO contact the Manchester-Boston Regional Airport Communications Center at 603-624-6349 when flying within 5 miles of the airport
- DO fly a model aircraft for personal enjoyment
- DON'T fly near manned aircraft
- DON'T fly beyond line of sight of the operator
- DON'T fly an aircraft weighing more than 55 lbs unless it's certified by an aeromodelling community-based organization
- DON'T fly contrary to our aeromodelling community-based guidelines
- DON'T fly model aircraft for payment or commercial purposes
For more information about safety training and guidelines, visit www.knowbeforeyoufly.org
You can also visit www.faa.gov/uas for more information.